This month’s Food ‘n Flix was hosted by Culinary Adventures with Cam. We watched a rom-com called The Pickle Recipe. The Pickle Recipe is about, well, pickles. Joey is broke and with the help of his Uncle Morty, they set out to steal his grandmother’s renowned pickle recipe, to sell it for big bucks. Now unfortunately grandmother has forgotten the recipe. Joey and the other workers at the deli she works at try to help her remember the wonderful pickle recipe.
During the course of all of this, Joey has to find someone that his grandmother trusts to hand the recipe over to. As a devout Jewish woman, she tells him she would only trust a rabbi. Trickster Joey gets the help of his friend to pose as a rabbi. Now his friend is not Jewish, so must learn traditional Jewish prayers and sayings to convince grandma that he is who he says he is. Grandma invites Joey and the ‘rabbi’ over to her house for dinner and serves a roast chicken and salad. She is temporarily tricked until she sees a part of this ‘rabbi’ that no rabbi would have.
So alas, I made chicken.
Other food references included:
- Pastrami sandwich
- Deli sandwiches
- Faygo orange soda
- Coffee and poundcake
- Matzah ball soup
Perhaps not the best food choice during a heat wave (because having the oven on heated my house up even more), this roast chicken paired with a green salad tasted divine. And the leftover chicken made great sandwiches. This is a pretty simple recipe, but perhaps don’t make it when it’s 110 degrees outside.
Butter Roasted Chicken
1 full roasting chicken
1/3 cup butter
salt, to taste
Parsley, to taste
Lemon zest, from one lemon
- In a small pot, melt the butter and cook until it emits a nutty aroma. Salt the butter to taste.
- Place the chicken breast side up in a roasting dish. Stuff the chicken with parsley and lemon zest.
- Pour the butter over the chicken and rub it all over with a pastry brush.
- Preheat oven to 325. Bake the chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Raise the temperature to 400 and bake for an additional 25 minutes and until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165.
- Let rest for at least 10 minutes before carving.
- Besides Food ‘n Flix I am sharing this with the Unlimited Link Party
5 thoughts on “Food ‘n Flix: The Pickle Recipe: Butter Roasted Chicken”
So crispy and juicy…we love whole roasted bird.
Your chicken is gorgeous. I thought that was a funny scene too.
Alas, I made chicken…..I had to LOL at that one! 🙂 I thought the movie was cute and funny and sweet. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Fantastic butter roasted chicken recipe. Excellent idea for tomorrow’s lunch with all the family. Thanks