With August signifying back-to-school and the end of summer vacations and summer fun, I decided to pick a movie to share this month involving summer nostalgia. Moonrise Kingdom is about a young set of teens, one at summer camp and one living at home with her parents, who make a plan to runaway together. Though, not a food movie, there are food references throughout. And I think that this movie will provide a fun inspiration. Wes Anderson is quirky, so perhaps we will see some quirky dishes.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN FOOD ‘N FLIX:
1. Watch the chosen film (Moonrise Kingdom). Using the film as your inspiration, use your culinary skills to create something.
2. Post about it on your blog with a link back to this post and post a link to Food ‘n Flix. You can use the Food ‘n Flix logo if you wish!
3. Alternately, post a photo of the dish you made on Instagram (public accounts only). You must include the following in your caption: short intro, recipe, #FoodnFlix and tag (@diamonds1202).
3. Your post must be current (during the month of August.) The post may be linked to other events. The more the merrier!
4. Have fun with it!
5. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com by the deadline and include the following:
a. Your Name
b. Your Blog’s Name an URL
c. The name of your dish and the permalink to the specific post you’re submitting
d. Attach a photo of your dish (or give me permission to pull one from your post)
e. Indicate “Food ‘n Flix” in the subject line of your email
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: August 30, 2021
3 thoughts on “Announcing Food ‘n Flix for August: Moonrise Kingdom”
Thanks for hosting! I’ll be live in the next day or two.